Final versions of EVERYTHING! Everything...except for the final final, which isn't due for another couple of days so I am doing some last major tweaks on it. The turnout of this final assignment was looking horrifyingly precarious for the first two and a half weeks. Like watching drunk kitties drive "horrifyingly precarious". I chose concept over simplicity and functionality, and ran into some awesome technical issues with building new rigs. I wasted 2 and a half weeks trying to make it work - only to scrap it almost entirely. Somehow a week and a half later, the overall assignment is not turning out nearly as bad as I initially anticipated. Crazy. What's equally as crazy is the fact that I will be done with class 2 in just another week and moving onto acting. Berloody amazing!! Super stoked and hope I will continue to hone my body mechanics even in acting class.
Assignment 2 of 3
Assignment 1 of 3
On another fantastic note, the summer's coming to an end - and while that's not really fantastic at all- Halloween is. Legitimate excuses to dress in costume and drink with friends for weeks on end are always welcome with me. I also have a cool plan for Christmas gifts this year which I'll probably get started on soon. Did I mention that freelancing is terrible? It is. My goal is to find some, at least, semi-permanent character animation work in the next few weeks. I am constantly busy with something, whether it be work, school, meeting up with friends when I can, or occasionally getting crafty with pencil or Posca markers. I've been making an effort to make sure my days have a healthy balance of work and recreation which is new for me. Just the other night I took a break from school work; walked with my sketchbook to a local bar and sketched over a beer by myself for an hour. Nothing big but it totally helped me unwind. It's been small things like that that keep me positive with these stressful AM/work schedules.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment